Tauron has a permit from the MI to build an offshore farm together with PGE

Tauron Polska Energia received the decision of the Minister of Infrastructure (Ministry of Infrastructure) to grant a permit for the erection and use of artificial islands, structures and devices in the Polish maritime area (exclusive economic zone) for the purposes of the construction of an offshore wind farm, for which PGE Baltica 4 applied, Tauron reported. . The capacity of the planned farm will be approx. 1 GW.

“The Issuer holds 44.96% of shares in PGE Baltica 4 sp. z o.o., and the remaining 55.04% of shares belongs to PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A. The capacity of the planned offshore wind farm, which would be built on the basis of the obtained permit, will amount to approx. 1 GW.

Earlier today, PGE announced that it had received the decisions of the Minister of Infrastructure to grant permits for the construction and use of artificial islands, structures and devices in the Polish maritime area. The total potential capacity of the wind farms planned in these projects will amount to approx. 3.9 GW.

The PGE Group generates 41% of net electricity production in Poland, and its share in the heat market is 18%. The Group estimates its share in the renewable energy market at 10%. In a distribution area of approx. 123,000 sq. km2 PGE serves 5.5 million customers. Its market share in terms of the volume of distributed electricity is 25%, and sales to end users – 33%. The company has been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since 2009.

Tauron Polska Energia is a holding company in a capital group that deals with coal mining, generation, distribution and sale of electricity and heat. The Tauron Group covers 18% of the country and is the largest energy distributor in Poland and one of the largest economic entities in the country. The company had PLN 36.31 billion in revenue in 2022.

Source

Our privacy policy