Interia will acquire 70% of the shares of Antyweb

Interia from Polsat Plus Group will acquire directly 70% of shares in Antyweb, Polsat reported. The remaining 30% will remain in the hands of the current owners of the website, Grzegorz Marczak and the Haprin company.

“We are glad that such a cool and important website writing about new technologies on the Polish Internet will be part of our group. We also treat the acquisition of shares in Antyweb as an investment, we are convinced that thanks to our support, the position and importance of Antyweb will increase and more and more Internet users will benefit from the unique knowledge and information that can be found on Antyweb "- said vice president for strategy of Polsat Plus Group Maciej Stec, quoted in the release.

“I am very happy that Antyweb has acquired such a strong and significant partner on the media market in Poland. For Antyweb, cooperation with Polsat Plus Group and various future synergies is an entry to the next level in the development of the website. I count on many interesting joint projects and committed cooperation. Personally, I consider this transaction a great success for all those who have been building Antyweb with me for years, ”added Grzegorz Marczak, the founder and owner of Antyweb.

Antyweb is one of the most popular Polish websites devoted to new technologies. The website was founded in 2006 as a blog run by one person by Grzegorz Marczak, who is currently the editor-in-chief and head of the website. In 2011, Antyweb obtained financing, which allowed it to build an effective full-fledged website and translated into significant increases in visits and revenues. The thematic scope of the articles covers the areas of consumer electronics, gaming, new media, the IT industry, startups, science and telecommunications. Currently, over 15 authors cooperate with the website.

Cyfrowy Polsat and Polkomtel form an integrated media and telecommunications group controlled by Zygmunt Solorz. Cyfrowy Polsat shares have been listed on the WSE since 2008.

Source
Our privacy policy