The pandemic accelerated the development of e-commerce by 10 years. In 2045, 75% pucrchases will be made online.

E-commerce is one of the industries that benefited the most from the COVID-19 pandemic. This process will continue, and in 25 years in developed countries 75 percent. purchases will be made online. The remaining 25 percent. it will also be digitized to a large extent and made, for example, in automated stores, according to Unity Group forecasts. Such a large transformation of trade is based mainly on technologies, and the demand for their implementation is growing very dynamically. This causes the IT services industry in this sector to consolidate. Unity Group has just merged with Global4Net. Together, both entities by the end of 2022 are to generate approximately PLN 115 million in revenues, and their cooperation is to affect the further digitization of the domestic e-commerce market.

- The pandemic was an element that teleported us to a new reality in which we develop at a faster pace. I think that if it were not for her, we would not achieve the growth in e-commerce that we are observing today in about 10 years - says Grzegorz Rudno-Rudziński, managing partner of Unity Group, Newseria Biznes agency.

During the pandemic lockdowns, when brick-and-mortar stores were closed and traditional shopping was associated with fear of contamination, the e-commerce channel saw a surge in popularity. This is confirmed by PwC data, according to which in 2020 online sales of goods in Poland increased by 35%, and the e-commerce channel reached 14%. share in the value of retail sales and was worth approx. PLN 100 billion (report "Prospects for the e-commerce market in Poland" 2021). Importantly, almost 85 percent. Poles declare that even after the end of the pandemic, they do not intend to reduce the frequency of e-shopping, including 10 percent. plans to shop online even more often. As a result, PwC estimates that in 2026 the gross value of the Polish e-commerce market, which currently operates approx. enterprises, will already reach the level of approx. PLN 162 billion, which means an annual average of 12%. growth.

Source
Our privacy policy
%d bloggers like this: